Information We May Collect
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name, email address, age, weight, personal fitness profile, and comments, photographs, video submissions or likeness when you provide it to us when using our website (e.g., by creating a user login on our site), or in some other manner, e.g., by posting or submitting it to our website or mobile applications social features, to social websites such as Facebook using our website or mobile application or directly to our Facebook page. We may also collect information from (i) from our business partners, and (ii) from other third parties as we futher describe in this Policy. In addition to this information, we may also automatically collect information from your Facebook friends when they reply to Facebook comments you have uploaded to our site (e.g., their name, comment and photo). We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our Daily Burn website or engage with one of Daily Burn’s mobile applications:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including: information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength, hardware and software information such as IP address, device type, app crashes, app version, advertising IDs (such as Google's AdvertisingID and Apple's IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device's settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address).
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet and mobile tools, such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our website and/or mobile application and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
- We use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze certain user information and behavior. This information may include demographic and interest information, such as age, gender and users interests. We use this information for internal business purposes on an aggregated, anonymous basis. To opt-out of Google Analytics data collection, you can visit the following site and follow the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- We may also collect certain information, such as the URL of the last web page you visited before coming to our Site, your preferences and settings (e.g., time zone), the ads you clicked on or viewed on our Site (if any), how long you stayed on our Site and what services and features you used.
- We may receive information about you from our partners, for instance where our ads are published on a partner's website or platform (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign's success).
- If you purchase a subscription in our apps, neither Google nor Apple provide us with any personal information of the subscription purchaser (like name, email or payment information). Only anonymized data gets passed to Daily Burn.
- assist us in technical processing operations, such as data hosting and maintenance, finance, legal, HR and accounting assistance, securing our data and systems and fighting against spam, abuse, fraud, infringement and other wrongdoings.
- for legitimate business purposes such as corporate audit, analysis and consolidated reporting as well as compliance with applicable laws.
- For corporate transactions, we may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
Information Others May Collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies and ad networks, including content recommendation engines, to display advertisements on our Daily Burn websites or related applications, and to track user activity on our Site for the purpose of determining what ads to display. These companies may also use information collected on our Site in order to better serve ads (ad retargeting).
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels and other technologies to collect information about computers and user browsing activity to determine which advertisements to display to users.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies (www.networkadvertising.org/choices).
These advertisers, advertising networks, and behavioral targeting companies sometimes collect information that tracks your use of our Site in order to measure ad performance, track which ads you clicked on and display ads targeted specifically to you, including displaying ads after your leave our Site on other third party sites that are within their ad network.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
Apple Health Information
For your convenience, you may choose to connect to Apple Health through certain of our mobile applications. We only write data to the Apple Health database on your Apple device. You can turn this feature off at any time.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use your information to:
- Provide our products and services
- Ensure technical functionality of our products and services
- Understand how you access and use our Services so that we can improve and customize your experience ;
- Analyze your use of and interactions with our services so that we can improve our website and mobile applications and build new features and products for our customers
- Send newsletters to our users and make special offers;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for products or services you order via our website;
- Customize the advertising and/or content that you see on our website;
- Facilitate your use of our website and mobile applications;
- Publicly display feedback and comments posted by you on our properties (e.g., use your name, photograph, video submissions and comments when you post feedback on our site or to Facebook);
- Display information about your friends (e.g., their name, photograph and comments) that is automatically uploaded when they comment on Facebook messages that you post to our site;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our website, mobile application, products and services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website; and
- If you register for one of our mobile applications, for your convenience, we will port over your profile data to other mobile applications that you purchase from us.
With Whom We May Share Information We Collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other IAC businesses as provided above;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our website or offline; and
- Facebook. We may use customer information for Facebook Custom and Lookalike Audiences in order to deliver relevant advertisements to customers and users on Facebook. You may learn more about Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting https://www.facebook.com/business/help/341425252616329 and https://www.facebook.com/business/help/164749007013531. If you'd like to opt-out of our use of your information through Facebook Custom Audiences, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you want to opt-out and request to opt-out of Facebook Custom Audience. We will remove your email address from our list within thirty (30) days of receiving your request.
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as reporting suspected criminal activity, complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our website;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
- You may opt-out of any Google Analytics-related collection by visiting the following site and following the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- You may use the following link to help you opt-out of remarketing pixels and technologies: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Canadian users can also visit youradchoices.ca. For additional information about the collection and use of information about your online activities for advertising purposes, you can visit aboutads.info.
We take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
The Daily Burn website may link to websites operated by third parties that we do not control. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Daily Burn website or services and does not apply to these third-party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the Daily Burn website or services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify our endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations, or their content.
Notice for California Users
Under the California Shine The Light law, California residents have the right to request from us a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed personal information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes. We do not currently engage in the type of sharing covered by that law and so no such list exists. For questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com. We do not obey Do Not Track signals from a user’s Internet browser. We make no representations concerning third parties that do not collect personal information directly through the Website. These disclosures are made under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575.
Daily Burn reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you notice through contact information we have on file for you. Your continued use of the Daily Burn website or services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, or our information practices, please contact us by email or postal mail below:
Daily Burn, Inc.
555 West 18th Street
New York, New York 10011
©2019 Daily Burn, Inc. All rights reserved.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
How Long Do We Store Your Information
We retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the services to you. We know that our customers lead busy active lives and sometimes may need to turn off our service for a while and then join back at a later time. For your convenience we may retain your profile information so that you can be up and running quickly when you are ready to return. Unless you have opted out, we may continue to keep you on our email list to make you aware of improvements to our features and special offers. You can opt-out of those emails at any time. We will also retain and use your information to the extent necessary:
- to comply with applicable law;
- to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- if there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- if the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as enforcing our terms or fraud prevention. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for security incidents from opening a new account.